Healthy hearts are what we all need. There are ways to take some steps toward the prevention of heart issues. Once a year, be sure you get a checkup from a physician that will do bloodwork and a full physical. Then watch the numbers and tips that will help.
- Use a heart-healthy diet. Check the blog Healthy Heart Foods for some insight.
- Exercise 30min a day at least five times a week.
- Know your family history.
- Do not use tobacco products.
- Manage your stress by using a form of reflection or meditation for 10-15min each day.
Numbers You Should Know
Have a goal of Less than 120/80mmHg
Body Mass Index BMI
Have a BMI with a goal of 18.5-24.9 percentage of body fat.
- Have your Blood sugar/glucose tested?
- Get a readout on your Cholesterol and Triglycerides
Your physician will help you with this and it will be helpful to track your heart health yearly to prevent and detect any issues.